Good $ense: Holiday Safety Information
Whether shopping from home or at your favorite store, protect yourself physically and financially by following some helpful guidelines.
NOV. 23, 2015 - Happy holidays! Ready to do some shopping?
Before you go online or to your favorite store, we’d just like to remind you to be safe this holiday season. And, yes, that means while shopping.
We’re talking about physical safety — shop during daylight hours when you can and pick shopping locations that have ample security.
And we’re talking financial safety — know who you are doing business with in-person, on the phone or online.
Keep your mobile phone charged (we’ll soon tell you why), your purse and wallet secure, and make this a great holiday season for you, your friends and family. To help you do this:
- Watch this video as Regions’ Rosalyn Williams tells the consumer how to stay safe this holiday season.
- Read our 5 Tips to Help You Shop Safely During the Holidays.
- If that’s not enough, read our 5 Additional Tips to Help You Shop Safely During the Holidays.
- If shopping at home, remember the 5 Safety Tips for Shopping Online.
- Throughout the month, we’ll also have primers on Check and Credit Fraud, Identity Theft Prevention and Spoofing Awareness and Prevention.
This information is general in nature and is provided for educational purposes only. Regions makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability or validity of any information presented. Information provided should not be relied on or interpreted as accounting, financial planning, investment, legal, or tax advice. Regions encourages you to consult a professional for advice applicable to your specific situation.