Regions Bank Mobile Banking Service Allows More Customers To Bank On The Go
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Mar 09, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
The new enhancements will make mobile banking at Regions accessible to customers using any web or text-enabled mobile device. Regions Online Banking customers can now bank simply and securely on their mobile phone through text banking, by visiting m.regions.com on their mobile internet browser or by downloading the updated iPhone(R) application. The enhanced Regions Mobile Banking service allows customers to:
- Check balances and transaction history: Check Regions account balances and retrieve up to 10 days worth of transaction history from a mobile device.
- Transfer Funds: Conduct same-day transfers between existing Regions accounts. Mobile Web and iPhone(R) users have the added ability to schedule future-dated transfers up to 365 days in advance.
- Pay Bills: Mobile Web and iPhone(R) users can pay bills and schedule future bill payments up to 365 days in advance for any payees created within Regions Online Banking.
- Locate the nearest Regions Branch or ATM: Locate a branch or ATM by using simple text commands or GPS functionality.
- Receive Text Banking Alerts: Set up text message alerts confirming common transactions, account balance, low or insufficient funds and more using the Mobile Banking preferences in Online Banking.
- Bank by Text: Complete everyday banking transactions and receive confirmations by sending simple text commands.
"At Regions we know that our customers value products and services that make their lives easier," said Stephen Lamar, head of Mobile Banking at Regions Bank. "Our new offering provides mobile banking access to anyone with text messaging or Internet capability on their mobile device, giving Regions customers the ability to manage their banking needs from anywhere at any time."
Existing Regions Mobile Banking customers can sign up for the new services by logging into m.regions.com on a mobile browser, downloading the new application from the iPhone(R) App Store or logging into Regions Online Banking to register their phone for text banking. More information about Regions Mobile Banking is available by visiting regions.com/mobilebanking.
About Regions Financial Corporation
Regions Financial Corporation, with $132 billion in assets, is a member of the S&P 100 Index and is one of the nation's largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, trust, securities brokerage, mortgage and insurance products and services. Regions serves customers in 16 states across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates approximately 1,800 banking offices and 2,200 ATMs. Its investment and securities brokerage trust and asset management division, Morgan Keegan & Company Inc., provides services from over 300 offices. Additional information about Regions and its full line of products and services can be found at www.regions.com.
SOURCE: Regions Financial Corporation
Regions Financial Corporation
Evelyn Mitchell, 205-264-4551